Posted Jan 8
Were looking for a talented writer with the mind of a designer who understands how the details of user experience design matter to the user on the other side of the screen. Were looking for someone to help us create experiences that turn the complex tasks entrepreneurs and small business owners encounter every day into simple journeys that come alive with intuitive design and human language. Empowering entrepreneurs through seamless Content Design takes more than writing skill were looking for a teammate who acts out of empathy, considers feedback a gift, and always focuses on doing whats best for our users.
Youll partner with UX and Product Designers, Product Managers, and other experience design stakeholders in an environment thats highly collaborative and fast-paced to bring our in-app experiences to life. Youll be the voice in the room focused on creating cohesive narratives and flawless copy execution; youll use thoughtful language to bring moments of joy, clarity, and connection to our website, marketing, and commerce products.
- Content Strategy Design: Collaborate with all stakeholders of the product design experience to understand key design elements, flows, timelines, goals, and messaging to craft a content strategy that leaves no question unanswered and sets the team up for a smooth execution of content design.
- UX Writing: Create content design that enhances our UIs and helps our customers move through experiences with ease. Youll partner closely with Product Designers to build the strategy, work through feedback, and write the copy that our customers read when they use our products. Youll be accountable for ensuring cohesion throughout the products you design by executing a voice and tone that aligns with our brand voice, obsessing over word choice and style in the way all true writers do.
- Style Guide Contribution: Our in-product style guide is ever-evolving, and youll likely encounter scenarios that we dont have guidance for quite yet. Youll be a key contributor in creating and maintaining our UX content source of truth, collaborating with writers from all areas of the company for feedback and cohesion.
- User Experience Research: Apply quantitative and qualitative research techniques to get first-hand reactions to our work from real people, present research to stakeholders, and continuously apply these learnings to shape our strategies and our output.
- Cross-Team Collaboration and Influence: Work to influence and consult on customer communication beyond UI emails, text messages, chat, help articles, call guides, etc. with customer experience designers and marketing teams.
- Messaging and Positioning Strategy: Collaborate with Product Marketing teams to gain clarity in how we position products and features to customers so that you can execute on strong UI messaging, while giving feedback and consulting with stakeholders across the organization.
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years experience working in the following areas: UX Copywriting, UX Design, Content and/or Brand Strategy, Copywriting, Customer Experience Design
- Experience working with and/or developing style guides or content design systems
- Masterful writing chops; experience in copywriting, digital marketing, journalism, creative writing, editing
- Experience working directly with product designers, product managers, and engineers in an agile environment
- Affinity and passion for the needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs in how they build a presence, market their business, and sell their products and services
- Proven ability to learn new subject matters quickly, implement feedback, give constructive feedback, and positively contribute to a collaborative environment
You might also have...
- Experience developing brand guidelines, including visual design elements, with a strong emphasis on developing the voice of a brand
- Experience executing upon stakeholder feedback to achieve success and consensus, including presenting to a wide audience on your work
- Experience with common customer research techniques and deriving insights from qualitative sources and quantitative data
- Experience working (and thriving) in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with improving a UX with proven results
- Experience giving thoughtful, constructive feedback to designer and writer peers, regardless of level
- Experience with Design Thinking and Lean UX principles/techniques
- Experience using data to make decisions
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
You'll be working remotely from anywhere in the US.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs