Thunderbird Build & Release Engineer
Posted Apr 25
Thunderbird is looking for a multi-skilled self-starter to work on release engineering. You will be working in close cooperation with our current release engineer, reporting to our infra team lead and other staff, as well as with community members.
This is a remote, full time position. You are expected to have excellent written communication skills and coordinate your work over email, video conferencing, Matrix, and Bugzilla.
As a release engineer you will be serving the community, empowering them to make their contributions available to millions of people worldwide.
What youll get to do:
- Work with a geographically-distributed development team.
- Improve and maintain the continuous integration systems that developers rely on to accelerate productivity.
- Develop the build and release systems used to make final builds available to users.
- Collaborate with QA, security, localization, and engineering to ship beta and release builds.
- Adapt changes made by the Firefox engineering teams for Thunderbird.
Were looking for someone with:
- Solid scripting knowledge (shell, Python).
- Dedication to open source and open standards.
- Ability to debug build and compile issues.
- Familiarity with using distributed version control systems (primarily Mercurial and Git).
- Proven track record of finishing projects.
- Devops knowledge for cloud based setups (AWS, Linode etc.)
- A mission of making a concrete positive impact on the day to day communication experience for tens of millions of users.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Taskcluster.
- Low level system experience on Linux, Windows, and/or Mac.
- Experience with legacy build systems such as make, or modern ones such as Bazel, Buck or Blaze.
- Previous open source engagement.
MZLA Technologies Corporation (MZLA) Hiring Practices
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: Anywhere Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs