Posted Jan 8
The Tax Analyst or Tax Manager will join a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company as a second key member of the corporate tax team. You will collaborate with various teams across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the tax function. You will be involved in many aspects of corporate income tax accounting, tax compliance, including extensions, estimated tax payments, and tax account reconciliations. You will also assist in a wide-range of tax-related projects.
Are you eager to learn and expand your knowledge Are you willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet our needs as circumstances require
In this role, you will:
- Assist with the income tax provision process and information requests
- Assist with the tax compliance process by collaborating with our external service provider on the preparation of our federal, state, and foreign corporate income tax returns ensuring all information requests are compiled timely and returns are filed timely and accurately.
- Prepare income tax estimates and extension calculations and coordinate with accounting, and outside service provider on payments and filings
- Respond to notices issued by taxing authorities to ensure timely resolution of the matter
- Perform monthly tax account review
- Manage the tax compliance calendar
- Support the US sales tax process through close collaboration with the Revenue team
- Assist with providing tax advisory and consultation to our business partners in accounting, legal, and other cross functional teams on tax implications of their day-to-day activities
- Continue to develop, refine and improve tax processes and controls
- Assist with assessing and implementing tax technology solutions that will increase the efficiency of the tax function
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- BA/BS in accounting or business; Masters degree in taxation preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in tax accounting and compliance in a public accounting firm and/or within the tax function of a multinational company
- Strong accounting, analytical and tax technical skills
- High level of ethics and integrity
- Intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn
- Ownership, initiative, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle competing deadlines without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to self-review; ability to work independently and in a team environment with little supervision
- Proficiency in Excel; experience with NetSuite and Avalara is a plus
What sets you apart
- Proven ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment as part of a multi geographical team.
- Willingness to contribute beyond the defined role to meet our needs as circumstances require and the company grows.
- Tax Provision software experience.
While you are busy protecting the world, we have got you covered
In addition to fostering a work environment with strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefits package that is in the top 1%. We provide 100% employer-paid premiums for both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. YES, REALLY We offer four weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off), eleven holidays, and a pick your own community service day. We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer-paid life insurance, and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Salt Lake City,UT
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs