Software Engineer, Frontend (L3)
Posted May 10
Join the team as our next Software Engineer L3, Frontend!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build engaging user experiences for our Programmable Messaging products.
The services and APIs developed by the Messaging teams are used by tens of thousands of customers in production. The UI experience you’re going to build will leverage our Messaging product suite and will power a variety of use-cases revolutionizing the way businesses engage with their customers.
As a frontend engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document architecture designs, best practices and findings from on-call.
- DRAW THE OWL: Improve Twilio’s web experience in both big and small ways: Build new features and improve performance, usability, and accessibility
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead new project implementations from technical architecture through launch.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Product roadmaps are a team sport, you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
In this role, you’ll:
- Think from our customers’ perspectives, plan for how the customers will be impacted by new features, and always work to enable the customers’ success.
- Collaborate and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, design, and engineers to build compelling user experiences for developers and end users.
- Build highly adaptable and effective UI platform tools for the whole of messaging UI
- Build highly scalable and available services
- Constantly improve services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue
- Demonstrate strong engagement in the team setting
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- An interest in building full-stack applications with modern tools and languages like TypeScript, React, Redux, Webpack and NestJS
- Strong opinions on what makes a good API, and some experience building them in NodeJS or Java
- Communicates well over video, on paper, or in code. Can explain technical concepts to product managers, fellow engineers, and support
- Empathy for users and teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with building and running Node backend services (bonus point if you know functional programming)
- Bonus points for experience building UI platform tools for the applications to build on top of
- Experience with Cypress for e2e testing, jest for unit and integration testing
- Experience with Datadog, Rollbar or other monitoring services
This role will be remote, and based in the West Coast, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 132,320- 181,940.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs