Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Posted Apr 17
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
Join our team
The Commerce Payments Platform team is a distributed team over three different locations composing of highly seasoned engineers. We encourage new ideas and expects all members of the team to have a voice in technical decisions. A micro-services architecture is our vision but we also understand the complexity that comes with it. We follow the scrum process but also understands that flexibility in doing the right thing for our customer is the ultimate goal. We work mostly behind the scenes but our work have wide ranging impacts on merchant’s businesses and we are very proud of that.
Open to remote, Bay Area strongly preferred.
What you'll get to do
We’re famous for our payment terminal but much of the brains in thePoyntecosystem resides on the cloud. You can contribute to many important cloud applications including:
- Our global payment gateway that can process numerous payment methods all over the world, with an architecture that helps us launch extremely fast in new countries.
- A comprehensive set of APIs for business, transaction, product catalog, and customer information that powers all of Poynts first-party applications as well as all app in our developer ecosystem.
- Our powerful data platform that takes in logs and key information from our worldwide fleet of devices, combining it with business and other actionable information on the server side to deliver real-time insights to our customers and in-depth BI analytics to drive our roadmap.
Your experience should include
- 5+ years of Java, server side programming, and developing secure, highly performant cloud applications
- You've designed and implemented external facing, highly organized APIs for a third-party ecosystem
- Expertise in large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL), Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, and multi-layered security.
- Experience developing web application servers (Tomcat, Glassfish, or JBoss), Spring, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Experience in OO, DI, IoC design patterns, messaging systems, asynchronous processing.
You might also have
- Experience working with data pipelines, data warehousing, and analytics tools (Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redshift)
- Payments industry experience, familiarity with card processing, settlement, PCI security
- You’ve used Kafka, Elasticsearch and Redis in production
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2+ years of experience building key management systems and deep understanding of DUPKT and other key management schemes.
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs