Senior Software Engineer
Posted May 11
The eCommerce Payments team builds services that helps GoDaddy’s customers pay in different currencies and local payment methods. Our services are mission critical to GoDaddy’s business operations around the globe. Our team works directly with business leaders to create specifications, architect highly scalable solutions, and write code that directly impact’s GoDaddy’s revenue. We use cutting-edge technology solutions, including AWS, Java on the back-end, and Docker, Kubernetes for our CICD environment.
We’re looking for passionate, high-performing software development engineers to join our team. Our engineers are self-starting, independent technologists who love to dive into tough problems and provide elegant solutions.
What you'll get to do...
- Work with a highly capable team to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Drive design discussions both internal and external to the team
- Embrace DevOps model and set a high bar for ownership
- Opportunity to work with various external third party payment processors across the globe
- Help the team grow by mentoring junior engineers
- Work with our technology stack to code great solutions to business problems on the back-end
- Participate in Scrum activities, including writing and prioritizing stories, and driving completion of work in a timely manner.
- Resolve production or support issues for our internal consumers and external customers quickly and professionally
- Evaluate emerging technologies for opportunities to improve existing services
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience writing REST-based APIs in Java, C++, or other languages
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases (SQL Server and DynamoDB preferred).
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, exercising creative ways to get issues resolved while embodying GoDaddy values of Joining Forces and Owning Outcomes.
You might also have...
- Experience and working knowledge of distributed event processing is a strong plus
- Experience with various AWS services is preferred
- Docker and Kubernetes experience is a plus.
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs