Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Posted Dec 13
Do you love using your extensive programming skills to solve problems? Are you a fan of collaborating with others and enjoy building thoroughly tested high performing applications? Then the Senior Software Engineer position at Patriot may be a good fit for you! This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and dependable, is passionate about designing and building scalable/reliable systems, and understands the importance of testing.
Let us introduce ourselves...
Patriot Software started in the basement of a factory decades ago. We’re located in Canton, OH, and have over 200 employees across the United States.
On to the good stuff. What we do. Patriot develops accounting and payroll software for American businesses and their accountants. Because we have a passion for helping our customers succeed, our goals are lofty: make accounting and payroll fast, easy to use, and affordable. We need exceptional people to deliver exceptional products and services. That’s why we only hire the best of the best.
So, what do we value in a new team member? Our search starts by looking for a quality individual who lives by our core values:
- We give more than we take
- We don’t take shortcuts
- We lead. We don’t follow
- We follow the golden rule
- We grow leaders
Does this sound like you? Great! Read on to see if your skills are a match, too.
What we’re looking for on your resume
- 8+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Solid understanding of Microservice Architecture and hands on experience creating microservices using event based architecture
- Strong Database knowledge in multiple datastores (Postgres is preferred) to handle large amounts of data transactions
- Scaling software to handle large volume of transactions
- AWS/Cloud Architecture knowledge
- .NET 5+, Entity Framework Core, and Postgres are highly desirable
- Strong Vue knowledge
- Strong TypeScript 3+ knowledge (preferred)
- Emphasis on performance and scalability of software
- Viewed as a technical expert in past teams where team members valued your opinion and trusted the direction you would provide
- Prior experience working in a regulated industry, handling PII data, and/or money movement (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to lead the technical design and implementation of new features and capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate current environment, identify areas for improvement through deep analysis, create a plan to implement those improvements, and spearhead the implementation of the improvements
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Mentoring and sharing your knowledge with others
- Design and implement robust, scalable web-based and back-end solutions to provide desired business capabilities.
- Analyze existing software products, identify improvements related to maintenance, performance, and stability, and collaborate with team members to implement those improvements.
- Participate in the support of existing software products.
- Participate in the definition and clarification of business and product requirements and drive the creation of technical solutions to satisfy requirements.
- Communicate progress, issues, concerns, and risks in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with engineering team members on architecture/design, task sharing and problem solving.
- Contribute to the improvement of Patriot’s software development processes (version control, code reviews, unit testing, build/release, automation, etc).
- Provide technical mentoring and support to junior team members on your immediate team and the larger engineering organization.
- Promote software engineering best practices through pair programming and code reviews.
- Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information.
- Support and promote Patriot’s values through frequent positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- We work in a highly collaborative environment where interpersonal and communication skills are valued.
- Overall the person in this role will be expected to be an expert at what they do and make everyone around them better.
Please note this is a sample of what you’ll be doing. This job requires you to be able to adapt to change quickly in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Your duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Working hours are established by each team and department based on business needs. For this role, it may require, at times, additional support until 7 pm EST Monday through Friday.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is currently not open to applicants in the following locations: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Washington D.C.
The Perks of Patriot
We pride ourselves on our company culture and value our employees’ hard work. Aside from the freedom to introduce new ideas or technologies, here are some of the awesome benefits our employees enjoy:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 HSA and FSA accounts
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible scheduling and opportunities for advancement
- Engaging and collaborative company culture
- Education reimbursement
Are you ready to take the next step?
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs