Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Posted Apr 17
Our team develops and maintains Media Temple products. Media Temple is a GoDaddy Partner brand. Our team charter is to integrate and migrate products to global GoDaddy platform. We share both Product Development and Platform/Infrastructure responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will support our team in meeting business and customer goals. They will have a phenomenal opportunity to learn and grow in all areas of software development and will ideally raise the bar on the team. This position is fully remote with very flexible working hours.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This role can be remote in the US or near a GoDaddy Hub.
What you'll get to do
- Architect and build services and systems at scale
- Work closely with Product and other Engineering teams in executing towards common goals
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding methodologies
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers and partners across the organization to solve problems with an org-wide and company-wide impact
Your experience should include
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Experience with any modern programming language (Python, Java, or Go). Experience with Perl a plus
- Experience with web-server management (Apache, NGINX, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Pipelines) and Git/GitHub
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
- Experience developing medium/large distributed applications and APIs
- Working knowledge of PHP configuration, mailserver configuration (exim, dovecot), Virtuozzo (DV) a bonus. Hosting background is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database systems (MySQL, Postgres, Elastic, etc)
- Knowledge of front-end languages and frameworks (React, Angular, JS, etc.) a bonus
You might also have
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development and JIRA
- Familiarity with visualization and monitoring tools. Knowledge of AWS is a bonus
- Excellent ability to tackle problems across domains, skills, and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
We've got your back...
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs