Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
Posted May 18
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team. Our vision is to empower GoDaddy to leverage data to drive better customer and business outcomes. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that enable teams across the company to leverage data in their applications. Some example applications that integrate with our Data Platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems, and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their businesses online. If you’re interested in working on a new Data Platform leveraging cutting edge technologies, and empowering teams to bring the power of data to our customers’ fingertips then this position is for you!
- Work in an agile development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Data Platform innovation for their data processing needs.
- Implement intuitive, self-service, scalable, highly-reliable capabilities in our Data Platform that harnesses GoDaddy’s Data Mesh..
- Design and implement features, for both batch and real-time streaming systems, that materially impact GoDaddy customers and business.
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source.
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience with excellent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (preferably Java/Python).
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies.
- Track record of delivering great software with solid test infrastructure, CICD, monitoring and alerting.
- Using database technologies, like key-value stores or relational databases, to power platforms or user experiences.
- Building RESTful APIs.
You may also have...
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (preferably AWS - S3, Glue, Lake Formation, EMR, Kinesis, KDA, MWAA, SQS, SNS, Lambdas).
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs