Senior Software Development Engineer - Managed WordPress
Posted Apr 20
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This role can be remote in the US or near a GoDaddy Hub except for the locations listed above.
Join our team...
You apply knowledge of CS principles and web development best practices every day to constantly innovate and improve the Managed WordPress platform. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers to connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development best practices. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology. You can develop new software libraries, features and entire services or applications.
What you'll get to do...
- Be hands-on with the most important objectives within the Managed WordPress Product.
- Optimize the development of the WordPress platform to run on any infrastructure (on-premise / AWS)
- Ensure the Managed WordPress Platform is instrumented to measure performance, availability, quality, and business KPIs
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Strong knowledge of distributed data stores: Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, or Redis
- Strong knowledge of batch and streaming data platforms: Hadoop, EMR, Kinesis, or Kafka
- Strong knowledge with ELK stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Icinga
- Strong knowledge with Metric Collection tools: Prometheus and Grafana
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with cloud technologies & services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with open source cloud technologies: OpenStack and Kubernetes / Nomad
- Experience with workload containerization using Docker
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as HTTPD, Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish
- Knowledge of Python, C, PHP, and Go
- Knowledge with distributed file stores, Virtual Filers, Object Stores (Ceph, ZFS, S3)
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits, including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups. Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs