Senior Quality Engineer
Posted Jan 8
Khan Academy is looking for passionate software engineers to help change the world. Weve built a talented development team with engineers from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes industry leaders from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla, LinkedIn and Intuit, as well as folks from tiny startups and developers from non-traditional backgrounds. Together, were a team that is deeply invested in your future. We believe that no organization will be as invested in developing you as a professional.
About the Role
As a Senior Quality Engineer at Khan Academy, youll be deep in development doing test planning, extensive test development, test automation, and test execution in support of project goals in collaboration with others in the Quality team. In addition, youll be working closely with product and support teams so you're able to advocate for the best possible experience for our users. Someone with a strong combination of automation, test development at all levels (frontend/backend, white/black box) and communication will excel in this role.
What Youll Do:
- Embed within a single product team to own test development and execution while balancing engineering priorities with user needs
- Use creativity & deep field knowledge to find, document, and track bugs
- Communicate with stakeholders so the most crucial user-facing issues are prioritized
- Extend e2e test suite using Selenium, Appium, XCTest, Cypress and in-house developed frameworks.
- Build new test automation where it is lacking
- Embrace, champion, and extend an ethos of quality software development through an organization measured with shipping beats perfection
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including software product development, practical experience in automation tools (e.g. Selenium, & Cypress)
- 5+ years of hands-on, demonstrable experience testing mobile (iOS & Android) applications using mobile test automation tools (e.g. Appium)
- Familiar with software development tools, Eclipse, Intellij , GIT source control.
- Strong understanding of all software testing methodologies, architectures and tools.
- Comfortable to develop tests in any language consistent with the engineering team.
- Can integrate testing into an automated CI/CD pipeline e.g. Jenkins
- Good documentation and communication skills so that you can coordinate with current testing efforts to grow and improve our testing processes
- An unencumbered glee and exceptional proclivity for breaking things
- A passion for software and engaging learning experiences, as well as desire to change the world
- An ability to work across the team, including educators, designers, engineers, product managers, to improve our product quality and reliability
- A great intuition for how users like to learn and obstacles that could stand in their way. You have the motivation and courage to tackle any new subject you put your mind to, and not let go until you've mastered it
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: North America Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs