Senior QA Engineer
Posted Jan 7
Heartland Retail is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join the team This position exists to serve as a subject matter expert with regards to testing and certification of new HOST Applications programs and systems. Identify risks and system impacts. Responsible for all aspects of code testing activities.
What will you be doing
- Manage quality assurance projects to ensure products are tested and validated based on customer needs and requirements.
- Lead testing efforts including planning, scheduling, and communication of test activities throughout the test life cycle.
- Develop test estimates, test plans and test cases based on thorough research and analysis of test requirements.
- Support, communicate and enforce Testing & Validation operational procedures.
- Serve as a resource to other quality analysts with regards to testing processes, standards, and procedures.
- Evangelizing and cultivating the adoption of quality assurance best practices across both the engineering and QA teams
- Assists development team with debug/analysis of software products.
- Reviews software technical design documents and detailed business requirement documents to identify testing shortfalls
- Establish, maintain, and implement software verifications and validation procedures, work instructions and quality related documentation.
- Maintain on-going communication with Software Development, Product Management, Marketing, Project Management, and Operations Support.
- Communicate and work with vendors and clients to facilitate various testing efforts
- Manage and create key metrics to drive towards overall business goals and support critical decision making
What are the requirements
- 5+ years of experience performing Quality Assurance testing.
- 3+ years of writing and executing automated tests
- Using Pipelines for automation
- DevOps experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the concepts of system, acceptance, regression, and integration software testing as well as quality processes, standards, and procedures.
- Experience in testing web-based applications
- Experience using a test automation framework such as Cucumber and Webdriver.IO
- Able to read JSON and use Postman or similar tools
- Understands CRUD application design
- Experience working in an Agile Team (Scrum) is preferred
- B.S., B.A or equivalent work experience.
- QA certification or training preferred
- Experience with Ruby and/or Typescript is a plus
- Testing: Experience with activities, tasks, tools and techniques for testing applications and business processes to ensure adherence to functional and quality requirements. QA certification or training preferred, experience desired.
- Continuous Learning: Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try new approaches to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external testing customers (end users, interface partners, stakeholders); gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in timely and accurate completion of testing deliverables and milestones; establishes and maintains effective relationships with application teams, business operations and project teams and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results: Self-motivated and able to take ownership and find solutions to challenges and know when to seek guidance; very bottom-line and results oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all appropriate sources for answers; can see hidden problems; possesses keen analytical skills; looks beyond the obvious and doesnt stop
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Flexibility: Ability to change priorities quickly and the capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent planning, research, and analytical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on complex projects
Oklahoma - Remote
Texas - Remote
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA: OK, TX
Apply for this Position
Heartland Payment Systems
USA: OK, TX
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs