Senior Product Manager, API
Posted Apr 25
We have big aspirations for our platform. We are on a continuous quest to help merchants improve relationships with their customers while reducing customer acquisition costs, reducing churn, and increasing LTV. And we're are just getting started. The road won’t be easy, but you’re someone who is looking for the challenge of your life. You are not afraid to deal with ambiguity, love breaking down complex problems, and understand how improving the developer experience can impact the business.
At Recharge, platform product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to working with external developers and other internal teams who interact with your platform. You will touch every team within Recharge and help build the foundational pieces of our platform. You will create and manage the product roadmap that delivers new features to the Recharge API while factoring in scale and developer experience.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful Product Manager who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving them.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights developers, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Validate product ideas, API design, and prototypes with early adopters and beta testers
- Define key success metrics for developer products
- Work closely with developer experience, product marketing, and technology partnership teams to launch new features and drive product awareness and adoption
- Write product specifications that clearly document the current problem, the opportunity, the proposed solution, and success criteria
- Build and manage a roadmap that’s informed by metrics and information sourced through internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of technical product management experience shipping high-quality developer-focused products
- Shipped API products built on complex technical systems running at scale
- Deep user empathy and strong product vision, persistent in creating a product experience that not only satisfies but delights users
- Have well-informed opinions on what great looks like in API product design while also realizing that greatness can be achieved in small incremental steps
- Known to make things happen quickly, and are influential across product teams
- Enjoy talking to external developers, from frontend engineers to backend integration developers, with the goal of understanding their needs and pain points
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a penchant for precise articulation of users’ problems
- You are hands-on with APIs and documentation. You will not be writing code in this role, but knowing what it takes to build APIs is a huge plus
- An understanding of what developers need. Specifically, experience with shipping API products that enable developers to build features quickly and securely
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for more than 50 million subscribers. Our remote-first team of 500+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: Anywhere Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs