Senior Manager - User Experience
Posted Apr 17
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is looking for an experienced UX leader to help build, shape, and push our design teams to the next level.
As a Sr. UX manager, you’ll be responsible not only for the design team across an expansive functional area of the company but you’ll be influencing roadmaps, coordinating deliverablesbetween cross-functional teams, joining forces across the company to drive success, and be theultimate arbiter of our experiences up-leveling design, driving NPS and ensuring everyexperience a customer has is second to none you’ll have the freedom to make the choicesthat matter, and the space in which to make those decisions.
As the leader of the design team you’ll partner with other leaders and to establish strategicplans, goals, and tactics and delegating assignments to your direct reports. You’ll be working onissues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizationalobjectives.
Your experience should include...
- You’ll lead direction, establish goals, expectations, and work plans for larger teamsor departments with cross-team collaboration.
- Work with our design teams to mentor and coach best practices, provide feedbackand collaborate to ensure design standards are being met.
- You’ll coach your direct reports on job-specific skills and career development.
- You’ll help team members personally develop and improve their impact withinGoDaddy through direct and timely actionable feedback.
- You’ll be responsible for all people processes recruiting the right talent, retainingsaid talent, and ensuring the team has access to information and tools to performtheir jobs effectively. You’ll be a natural problem solver and guide the team forwardto overcome roadblocks.
- Implement best processes and practices for accelerating teams work aligned tocompany objectives.
- Be a strategic creative problem solver and raise the bar of visual design forGoDaddy.
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders, senior designers, content strategists,product managers, researchers, and technologists.
- An active contributor and participator in group critique and constant iterativeimprovement. Guide sessions in a team environment, and fosters design thinkinginto the common vernacular.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to managetime, workflow, and expectations appropriately.
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, usability, and experience.
You might also have...
- 6+ years of experience in delivering software products to market - demonstrable
- industry experience in a well-established, leadership role with a clear record of
- You’ll be an expert in methodology, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining
- Self-Initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines.
- Innate ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to teams, stakeholders, and executives in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building
- Clear track record of problem resolution, team leadership, and time in a role with at least 6 direct reports.
- Outstanding conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Strong creative skills are a definitive plus. You should have a strong sense of the visual aesthetic and a consistent track record in the craft of design.
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent.
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs