Posted May 18
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you’ll also have the opportunity to improve internal documentation & processes, pitch enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open-source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to team members
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to open-source code and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Your experience should include...
- The ability to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Commitment to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Excited to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
You might also have
- Experience with Node, AWS services like EventBridge
- Experience designing and developing APIs with REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Go or other compiled languages
- Experience with eCommerce (like WordPress / WooCommerce, Shopify, or others)
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs, especially with payments and shipping providers
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs