Senior Fullstack Engineer Mission Control
Posted Apr 17
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
Commerce is the #1 priority for GoDaddy, and our partners are critical to helping us scale. Mission Control is a powerful web application that allows our bank, reseller, and developer partners to onboard and support merchants all over the world; upload and deploy payment terminal applications and OS builds; monitor and remotely manage hundreds of thousands of payment terminals.
We are looking for a strong senior full-stack engineer to join our team. The right individual will be dedicated, positive, willing to lead technical decisions and mentor peer engineers. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation.
Because this team is destined to grow significantly in 2022, this is a pretty unique opportunity to quickly become a go-to person for the team, and your role will rapidly involve mentoring newcomers.
In this role you will...
- Write quality code in Node.js applications as well as several front-end applications
- Be at the forefront of our transition from Ember.js to React.js
- Feed and help prioritize our technical roadmap to bring Mission Control to the next level of resiliency, scalability and robustness
- Improve our engineering practices: agile processes, continuous integration, operation excellence
- Collaborate with product management, design, and support to understand the problems we want to solve and how we can address them
- Perform architecture, design, and code reviews, with a strong focus on quality
- Continuously learn and share new insights and technical concepts
- Mentor junior engineers
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years experience in software development. Node.js back-end development, systems design, and scalable architecture
- 3+ years experience in front-end development using modern front-end libraries
- Experience with Agile concepts and Scrum ceremonies
- Demonstrated experience improving CI/CD processes, with GitHub Actions or Jenkins
- Passion for quality and experience writing automated tests using Cypress or similar
- Customer focused with willingness to always provide the best experience and outcome for the user
- Ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape, while balancing multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Strong technical vision and desire to express and discuss your ideas
You might also have...
- Experience using Elasticsearch and other Elastic products
- Experience developing applications using AWS products
- Experience in Java, Go
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs