Senior Data Engineer
Posted May 18
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home.You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Our Data Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight, and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal, and fulfilling
experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating data-driven products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further
What you'll get to do
- Work in an agile(scrum) development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Develop high-quality batch and streaming big data pipelines.
- Collaborate with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions.
- Own the development, and maintenance of datasets that drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to develop the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using cloud services.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
Your experience should include
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in analytics, data development, and data warehousing.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Oozie, Step Functions).
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL.
- Data lake design strategies for metadata, ontology, governance, authorization, etc.
- Track record of delivering reliable data pipelines with solid test infrastructure, CICD,data quality checks, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm.
- Execute a data platform strategy in collaboration with team members, architects, product managers, and other groups across the business
- Collaborate as a significant individual technical contributor to meet overall team objectives and goals
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards, and protocols
You might also have
- Experience with AWS big data technologies S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue highly preferred
- Experience in building Tableau reports for analytics
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Senior
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs