Risk & Fraud Operations
Posted Apr 21
This role will be the founding member of Airbase’s Risk Operations team. As an early member, you will be given significant agency in creating and shaping risk strategy and operational roles. The scope of the role will be large - dealing with all types of fraud risk and overlap with our credit risk teams. You will work with and learn many of the top fraud underwriting and ongoing monitoring vendors in the industry, as well as building out internal capabilities.
The ideal candidate has some experience in fraud operations, and significant desire/energy to expand their knowledge far outside of where they’re currently at.
The team is small but mighty. We are all excited to do what it takes to build Airbase - while enjoying ourselves and the process at the same time. We realize good ideas come from anywhere and you can have fun while working hard.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute Airbase’s fraud underwriting policy used to onboard new business to the Airbase platform across corporate credit card and bill pay products.
- Analyze new account applications for indications of first party and third party fraud.
- Investigate alerts and referrals for signs of fraud using internal and external data.
- Review transaction activity, restrict accounts, and initiate recovery efforts.
- Investigate and neutralize high impact risk events and use learnings to improve mitigation framework.
- Communicate with customers regarding risk and fraud events or questions.
- Review documentation such as bank statements, invoices, ID documents for signs of forgery or other fraud.
- Document procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Risk/ Underwriting Operations or Fraud Management
- Experience with NACHA rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Experience within corporate/ small business cards, payments, invoices, lending, or related industries
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- Knowledge of SQL
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs