R&D Operations Manager, Data & Growth Platform
Posted Aug 9
The R&D Operations Senior Manager will report to the Segment Core Head of R&D Operations and partner with product management, engineering, product marketing, sales, customers success and other orgs to lead initiatives across the Data & Growth Platform and the central Twilio Operations team.
You'll be instrumental in ensuring the successful growth of the Data & Growth business portfolio that includes Sendgrid Email, Twilio Engage and Segment Core. This role will work across many product leaders, engineering leaders, and with the portfolio’s many business stakeholders.
- Lead the team of program-oriented individuals aligned with the highest priorities for the Data & Growth Platform
- Be a player/coach and be willing to do the work, teach the work and help hire the best people for the work
- Programs your team will handle are quarterly planning, long-range product strategy planning, customer escalations, onboarding, cultivating a culture of learning and recurring operational rhythms
- Your job will be to build a tight feedback loop within our teams and with our cross-functional partners as you deliver routine processes, understand how they could improve, and then help us prioritize and execute on that plan
- You will serve as a key member of the Data & Growth Operations Leadership team both driving execution but also helping to drive strategy
- You will become an expert on the Data & Growth portfolio so that operations is grounded in product and customer success
- Your success will require coordination and collaboration across multiple teams and domains at Twilio
- You will play a critical role creating alignment between Product & Engineering teams, as well as working with the wider Twilio organization
- You will work with the Product and Engineering teams, plus customer-facing teams in Sales, Services, and Support, to operate key routines and meaningfully improve how we serve our customers and how we deliver products
- You will solve sophisticated problems and turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Who you are:
The R&D Operations Manager is a sharp, operations problem solver and leader who is strong at simplifying, prioritizing and driving alignment. The learning curve will be steep at times, so becoming comfortable with figuring things out on the fly and dealing in gray areas is required.
- 8+ years in operations or program management
- 3+ years in an operational leadership role and people manager role
- Cross-functional experience in a variety of roles like consulting, strategy, business development, sales, project management, and services delivery
- Strong knowledge of product operations and Saas execution principles; some experience in product management and/or engineering is useful
- Solid understanding of modern (and multiple) software development and Saas delivery methodologies
- Strong writing & communication skills with the ability to prioritize and simplify for the sake of execution and efficiency
- Shown ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success
- Positive, team-oriented demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Has a track record of leading and proactively leading end-to-end execution of projects/programs that have transformed their company’s operations and delivered quantifiable business impact
- Shown experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Thoughtful and empathetic communicator with a strong ability to quickly build relationships and establish rapport. This is a highly cross-functional role and success requires someone who can bring others along on a journey
- A natural team player and manager who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys setting teams up for success
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Desire to continually learn and improve upon existing approaches and methodologies - and create approaches when none exists
This role will be US remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 160,080 - 200,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs