Product Designer (Flex)
Posted Aug 9
This position is needed to contribute to the design of our customer experiences of our Flex Communications Platform. In this role you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design the experience of our platform that is used by customer service staff to connect with their customers.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
In this role, you’ll:
As a Product Designer supporting the Flex team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the vision for our communication platforms. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently. Break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from minimal lovable to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Empower Others + Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing and evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment.
- Experience designing advanced data visualizations and/or dashboard tools is a plus.
- Has 3+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- High level of influencing and networking skills.
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in from stakeholders.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
This role will be based in our London office or can be done remotely from the UK.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs