Principal Product Manager - GoDaddy Payments Device XP
Posted May 18
As a Principal Product Manager - Device Experience in the GoDaddy Payments and Platform team, you are responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap and building a world class omni-channel experience for our customers. In this role, you will not only lead the strategy but also act in a project manager capacity to partner with payment vendors and internal leaders to implement and launch the strategies while continuously optimizing the customer’s payment experience. This role will also partner with internal customers & partner teams to identify points of friction, build a business case, set requirements, and advocate for customer experience improvement projects. This role is required to serve as a hands-on analyst, resolving escalations, gathering data, and driving projects to completion.
The success depends on our Product Managers pulling together our broader product strategy from multiple product teams across the company into a coherent roadmap, that focuses on scaling our capabilities and systems, unlocking business potential, or mitigating risks.
Those products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance controllership, risk, security platforms, testing and experimentation to customer service tools and other internal products.
What you'll get to do...
- Be a product leader to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders, including teams across software engineering, product management, legal, finance, and core commerce and payments businesses
- Work backwards from the customer to build a world class omni-channel experience for our customers by launching some of the next generation smart terminal, point of sale services like soft pos, tap on phone, omni-channel tokenization etc.
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational and project reporting to track progress, manage escalations, and continuously drive the organization towards our goals.
- Understanding and practice with product management methodologies, especially those that support agile software development environments
- Owning key payment metrics for measuring customer success with each product launches
- Building and managing relationships with payment providers, card schemes, financial institutions, and internal stakeholders to identify and help drive consumer payment optimization and expansion initiatives
- Leading operational negotiations, where appropriate, with current and potential global payment partners
- Ensuring employees have the tools and training necessary to succeed. Completing standard supervisory responsibilities including, but not limited to, one-on-one’s, team meetings, quality assurance reviews, hiring, terminations, corrective actions, and performance evaluations
Your experience should include...
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of GoDaddy Commerce internal systems.
- 7+ years of prior experience in a payment related field; possessing expert- level industry knowledge of global omni-channel payment experience with proven experience on card present payment processing as well as smart terminals.
- 3+ years of prior experience in launching omni-channel payment processing products with hands on experience on various in-person terminals including soft POS or mobile POS card readers.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience with writing functional requirements to create new tools or refine processes/policies.
- Competent delivery of results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior to drive new feature development.
- Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas with technical employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- Experience partnering and negotiating with processors, card brands, and issuers
- Clear, effective communicator experienced with building and maintaining external business relationships while balancing internal stakeholder needs
- Strong project management and collaboration skills to successfully manage projects from end-to-end while delivering quality results within expected timeframes and measuring/communicating the success of outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively multi-task and make data-driven decisions; possessing excellent business/financial analysis skills with the ability to translate identified opportunities into a strategic plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SQL, Tableau, and Hadoop
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employeeresourcegroups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs