Manager - Data Engineering
Posted May 18
We are part of GoDaddy’s Data and Analytics team. Our team is globally distributed and are focused on providing data solutions to various internal analytics teams.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create a platform to drive deep insights around GoDaddy’s business to help our customers succeed in theirs.
What you'll get to do...
- Manage a globally distributed team of data engineers (50% leading and 50% hands-on design and development of solutions)
- Interface with our Business Analytics team, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Tune and ensure query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Learn and understand a broad range of GoDaddy’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Develop and deploy high-performance data pipelines using technologies such as Python, Spark, EMR, and Airflow
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL/ELT development, and Data Warehousing.
- Must have experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala
- 1+ years of experience in leading the teams OR1+ years of experience in people management
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Data pipeline performance tuning.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
You might also have...
- Experience in Cloud data engineering (S3, RDS, Redshift & EMR)
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs