Inference Data Scientist (Senior and Staff Level)
Posted Apr 25
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. We collect terabytes of data every day from millions of users to guide our decision-making processes. We need your help to enable the future of Mozilla in a way that makes us proud
As a Data Scientist within the Data Org, you will work as part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for understanding and empowering the future of Mozilla.
The Data Science team sits at the intersection of finance, business, operations, product, engineering, and leadership. We collaborate closely with these partners to provide meaningful insights.
As a Data Scientist at Mozilla you will:
- Apply a variety of statistical methods including causal inference to understand the intricate ecosystem of our users, products, partners, revenue
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Define, evaluate and report on key business metrics
- Generate data-informed insights and communicate these data stories to colleagues to influence decision making across Mozilla
- Contribute to the team through mentorship, technical methods, improvements in how we work
Your Professional Profile
- You lead with empathy. You value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
- You have a background in quantitative analysis knowing how to analyze, visualize, and interpret data and have 2+ years of experience applying these skills in an industry setting.
- You have experience in SQL or SQL-like environments, as well as scripting languages such as Python or R and desire to gain further technical experience on the job.
- You have owned complex projects from inception to completion and your work has influenced entire organizations. Youve contributed to and executed against data science roadmaps in collaboration with others.
- You take stakeholder needs into account, bridging methodology and data into meaningful strategy from your analyses. You are a communicator who crafts impactful data narratives that inform company decisions around product, business, and finance.
- Experience synthesizing product and revenue data is a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: North America Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs