Identity & Zero Trust Security Architect
Posted Apr 21
As a Identity & Zero Trust Security Architect at Fastly you will help ensure we provide a secure edge for one of the biggest online platforms in the world, handling massive amounts of traffic at very low latency. Fastly’s Security Architecture Team champions security throughout all areas of Fastly’s applications and infrastructure. Fastly believes that security is everyone’s job and you will be empowering all of Fastly to live up to that responsibility. Qualified candidates will excel at designing identity solutions that align with business objectives, apply best practice security principals, and meet or exceed compliance requirements while making everyone’s lives easier through automation, integration, and simplicity.
This is a role which has a high impact on human lives. You will be supported by a friendly security team, where you can learn and develop. We check our egos at the door. You’ll make sure our customers benefit from a service built to the highest security standards in the industry. We pride ourselves in our involvement in the larger security community and encourage our team to present at network and security conferences and participate in the open source community. We are a distributed security team with the commitment and tools in place to make it work.
What You'll Do
- Design and build a robust identity architecture that ensures the right access, for the right individuals, at the right time by implementing self-service platforms that automate the request, approval, provisioning, and verification processes of access
- Develop the core architecture to allow not just for the assignment of identities and access privileges to individuals but to applications, services, and processes as well
- Perform architecture and design reviews as part of Fastly’s threat-informed Risk Assessment process, coordinating with engineering teams to build solutions based on the IAM strategy and design principles you create
- Partner with fellow security architects to understand the broad scope of identity and access challenges within the company and provide solution guidance that aligns with the overall IAM strategy
- Lead the development of our identity and access policies for software, infrastructure, and humans, striving to build compliance, auditability, compensating controls and security directly into all processes.
- Become a domain expert in Fastly’s technology stack, enthusiastically improving the overall security posture of various assets at Fastly based on current threat landscape
- Partner with engineering teams to identify cyber attack risks in the system and define tactical and strategic mitigation plans, develop business cases for funding security initiatives, and advocate for security positions in key decisions and roadmaps
- As one of the senior technical members of the organization, find opportunities to guide and mentor more junior peers within security and engineering on domains of expertise
- Influence Fastly’s security strategy by leveraging the collective strength of the security team and articulating the capabilities needed to effectively manage the cyber-attack risk
What We're Looking For
- Expert level knowledge of identity solutions and critical related integrations such as Okta, Sailpoint, CyberArk, Teleport, BeyondTrust, Chef, Workday, Ultipro, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of authentication/authorization standards, protocols, and frameworks such as OpenID, SAML, OAuth, JWT, CA, X.509, MTLS, etc.
- Capable of hands-on developing any associated integrations or customizations of the identity platforms needed to meet the strategic objectives
- Significant experience conducting threat modeling and risk assessments of access systems, demonstrating clear ability to identify unique design flaws
- Capable Linux administrator able to identify intrusion/manipulation techniques, and standard methodologies for system hardening and risk mitigation
- Consistent track record designing and integrating mature IAM controls in hybrid cloud and bare metal architectures
- Strong team collaborator that actively seeks to build and maintain productive working relationships in order to establish trust and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to weigh business needs with security priorities and make sound risk-based judgment calls
- Have the mindset of First-Time-Right and Secure-By-Default
- Working knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK, NIST CSF, and CIS Critical Control frameworks
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is 169,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact.Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only doour customershave a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number ofopen source projects and initiatives.Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams.Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you.Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity.Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate.Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs