Engineering Program Manager, Localization
Posted Apr 5
Join a vibrant team and community responsible for localizing Firefox and Mozilla products. Our family of products are currently available in up to 100+ languages and growing everyday. If you are fascinated by languages, love engaging with a community of localizers and have a technical background, this job is for you! We are looking for a passionate and talented engineering program manager who will take ownership and maintain our globalized projects across our wide range of products.
What You'll Get To Do
- Work closely with our volunteers and collaborators to manage community driven localization projects.
- Manage, execute and own localization scope, handoffs and handbacks with Mozilla internal clients.
- Streamline the release of localized products by defining testing strategies, prioritizing bug reports, supporting the community of translators.
- Understand how to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-delivery and resource constraints.
- Technical skills:
- Ability to read and navigate source code in order to isolate internationalization issues and actively work with developers to identify solutions.
- Experience with GitHub as a platform for both code (version control) and project management.
- Ability to identify tools and set up workflows to automate repetitive tasks using their language of choice.
- Localization knowledge/experience:
- Knowledge of localization processes, workflows, and most common industry formats.
- Experience working with online translation software, computer assisted translation tools and translation management systems.
- First-hand experience with software and/or web content localization.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English.
- Team work:
- Self-motivation, ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Experience working across different teams and timezones.
Bonus points for
- Experience with issue tracking software like Bugzilla and Jira.
- Experience with other project tracking tools (Trello, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Python and Bash
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: North America Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs