Posted Jan 8
- The Firefox Front-End Engineering Manager leads a team of geographically distributed engineers to constantly drive improvements to Firefox through innovations and enhancements to the browser user interface.
- Were looking for a leader that is passionate about building awesome teams, finding innovative solutions to exciting problems, shipping quality software and wanting to make an impact with how the world uses the Internet.
- Feel good about your work again Pursue your future while working to protect the future of the internet for everyone, everywhere.
What You'll Get To Do
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Communicate your teams goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines.
- Ensure the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to employees regarding system architecture, solution design, code quality, test development, career development, employee performance, community building, communication style, and work-life balance.
- Work collaboratively with many teams including Product, UX, QA, Operations, and Data Analysis.
- Empowered decision making with analytics and data.
- Proven team leadership skills leading and mentoring a team of diverse engineers.
- Software engineering background that enables you to drive technical decisions within the team and engage with engineers at all levels of seniority.
- Experience successfully leading and shipping sophisticated software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- Strong communication and ability to develop positive relationships with others, regardless of their rank or role.
- Desire to grow and learn as a manager, grow and develop others, and get results through others rather than personal technical proficiency.
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Leader who will hire, coach, empower, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from their own.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You dont need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or driving multiple large scale concurrent projects.
- Product management experience.
- Experience working in open source environments.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: North America Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs