Posted Jan 8
- The Engineering Manager leads two Firefox Add-ons focused teams; a team of engineers who own our user and developer facing Add-ons marketplace, and the Add-ons operations team, which is responsible for reviews, communications, and marketing.
- Were looking for a leader that is passionate about building awesome teams, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, shipping quality software and wanting to make an impact with how the world uses the Internet.
- Support your teams in innovating on Add-ons and helping to create more related opportunities and solutions for Firefox Add-ons users.
What You'll Get To Do
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Communicate your teams goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to employees regarding system architecture, solution design, code quality, test development, career development, employee performance, community building, communication style, and work-life balance.
- Work collaboratively with many teams including Product, UX, QA, Operations, and Data Analysis.
- Experience successfully leading and shipping sophisticated software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- Software engineering or technical product management background that enables you to drive technical decisions within the team and engage with engineers at all levels of seniority.
- Proven team leadership skills leading and mentoring a team of diverse engineers.
- Desire to grow and learn as a manager, grow and develop others, and get results through others rather than personal technical proficiency.
- Strong communication and ability to develop positive relationships with others, regardless of their rank or role.
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Able to hire, coach, empower, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You dont need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Previous experience working with browser extension APIs.
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or driving multiple large scale concurrent projects.
- Experience managing other managers and supporting their career growth.
- Experience working in open source environments.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: North America Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs