Senior Director, Corporate Development
Posted Apr 25
The Business & Corporate Development team leads product partnerships, distribution, growth, business investments and strategic finance. We pay attention to emerging technologies and pursue new market opportunities in alignment with Mozilla's products and values.
We want to add an outstanding leader to our growing Corporate Development practice, who can form investment and expansion recommendations and thoughtfully pursue them. The Director of Corporate Development is responsible for driving strategic investments and acquisitions for Mozilla. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for the web by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. Mozilla has invested in over 20 companies, and you will help us build and improve upon this healthy start. In this role, you will understand and synthesize trends driving our industry, identify consumer needs, add structure to ambiguous problems, and frame decisions for leaders regarding strategic investments. You will leverage both quantitative and qualitative signals to advise and influence Mozilla’s growth strategy, with a focus on consumer products, such as privacy-centric advertising, ecommerce, premium content, and VPN.
You will manage a small team that oversees: analysis, due diligence, elements of strategic planning and liaising between existing and prospective invested companies. You will also partner with Mozilla's cross-functional teams to drive alignment with product leaders and executives. Successful candidates will have, or develop, a deep understanding of the product landscape, including trends, players, technologies, and underlying dynamics. This role will report into Mozilla’s Business and Corporate Development team and work closely with Product, Partnerships, Legal, Finance and Marketing.
- Develop investment strategies (segment, market, product) in collaboration with business units and VP/CXO suite
- Lead team in conducting market analyses and gleaning insights to inform investment theses
- Engage directly and through the team with invested companies to monitor, support and champion
- Standardize internal reporting for portfolio metrics and progress towards strategic goals
- Drive the investment transaction process including: sourcing, screening, modeling, proposal, valuation, investment return projections, term sheet preparation, due diligence, negotiations
- Build exceptional relationships with the Business Units and functional teams
- Steer decision making processes and cross-functional teams to execute investments
- 12+ years of equivalent experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, strategy, finance, business operations, and/or partnerships.
- Proven team builder and manager
- Previous experience working for or with venture capital firms and/or at a startup a plus
- Experience interacting with all parties (such as C-suite, investors, bankers, lawyers, and other third-party advisors) in a transaction setting
- Board / board observer / advisory experience
- Deep modeling familiarity, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent)
- Exposure to consumer internet space, including social, communications, media, and entertainment verticals
- Able to manage multiple initiatives and long-term projects simultaneously
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills to engage cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence various audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, analytics, engineering, or other related quantitative field preferred; MBA degree strongly preferred.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Position Level: Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs