Developer Supportability Engineer 5
Posted Aug 4
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Developer Supportability Engineer 5 to drive design for supportability and escalation response in order to deliver the best customer experience. You will be a key bridge between customers using our developer products and our product design & engineering teams that are developing them.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps
- Provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed
- Influence our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team
- Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization
- Work within the Supportability Engineering Team to foster best-known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience in debugging code in common programming languages:
- Familiarity with common technical domains such as, Serverless, SQL, and Linux administration.
- 3+ years working in a customer-facing support role with strong attitude of owning customer issues and relentless focus on their prompt resolution
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets and associated tools (i.e. Pivot tables, charts, etc).
- Basic documentation writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on problem solving.
- A demonstrated passion for sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring.
- Experience working in a code development role
This role will be remote, USA.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 109,280 - 150,260.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs