Add-ons Code Security Analyst
Posted Apr 25
Add-ons (or browser extensions) are software programs, most often developed by a third party, that allow you to add features to Firefox to customize your browsing experience. With billions of downloads and millions of users every day, add-ons are a significant part of the Firefox experience.
Mozilla is looking for a Code Security Analyst to join the Firefox Add-ons team,to keep users safe from malicious extensions and support developers with add-on development.
You will be engaging in special projects to increase the effectiveness of our review pipeline, monitoring existing signals and create new rules to detect add-ons of interest, and take action against malicious activity on addons.mozilla.org.
As a code security analyst, you will:
- Review add-ons for security, functionality, user experience, and compliance with policies.
- Resolve complicated policy or operational issues raised by other reviewers.
- Assist add-on developers in resolving policy questions, conflicts, and other review issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in review tools and operations, and collaborate with the add-ons engineering team to optimize them.
- Work on add-ons ecosystem related projects, using development, documentation, and other technical skills.
Your Professional Profile
- Experience reviewing code from a client security perspective.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making, to support effectively identifying malicious add-ons and inferring behavior from complex, obfuscated or minified code.
- Experience collaborating remotely and asynchronously with an international team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Things that might set you apart from other applicants:
- Empathy for the experience of our community of users, developers, and volunteers, advocating for them based on community insights.
- A background in creating or reviewing browser extensions.
- Experience with one or more of Python, Django and React.
- Ability to create SQL queries to support metrics and analysis.
Does this sound like the right challenge for your next endeavor? We'd love to hear from you and make you a part of our team!.
Misc Info For This Position:
Remote Mix: 100% Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Restrictions: USA Only
Apply for this Position
Apply for this Position
See All Their Jobs